Who will win your vote in our latest £20,000 Sporting Golden Giveaway?
A group of our patrons have selected 15 amazing #Teesside sports groups and projects who are each guaranteed a donation of at least £500.
But they need your votes to help them grow that figure to as big as £5,000!
Our shortlisted finalists represent a wide range of sporting activities including netball, football, swimming, powerchair football, weightlifting, boxing, cricket, martial arts, cheerleading and circus skills.
The club or project receiving the most votes will win a whopping donation of £5,000 that could transform what they can do for their members.
The second-placed charity will receive £2,500, there’s £2,000 for third place and another 12 local good causes will share between £500 and £1500 each.
You take part in the vote here on the Foundation’s home page – but here’s a list of those hoping for your vote:
- Allstars Netball Club – for kit, equipment, court and umpire fees for a club offering all levels of netball across Middlesbrough, Thornaby and Hartlepool.
- Boro Rangers Adults FC – to help with kit and travel expenses for players from some of Middlesbrough’s most disadvantaged wards.
- DZ Circus School – towards new equipment to allow the club to reach out to more vulnerable Teessiders.
- EPIC Teesside – towards holiday programme, equipment and building upgrade for Stockton group offering angling, sea fishing and football to disadvantaged youths.
- Guisborough Amateur Swimming Club – starting blocks, starting ledge and reel needed for East Cleveland swimmers of all abilities and social backgrounds.
- Guisborough Cheerleading – help needed with travel and entry fees for European Championships for a club that also focuses on trampoling, gymnastics and running.
- Guisborough Ladies & Girls FC – towards kit, first aid stores and equipment for football club expanding to offer girls’ football.
- Hand in Hand – venue and coach hire for Stockton group offering ‘Golden Zumba’ to vulnerable adults aged 50-89.
- Middlesbrough Powerchair Football Club – towards cost of hi-powered chair for the only sport open to those with severe disabilities
- Middlesbrough Weightlifting Club – Based in Skippers Lane, at the heart of Grangetown, Thorntree and Brambles Farm, club needs more equipment for those from disadvantaged areas.
- Redcar Amateur Boxing Club – gloves and head guards needed for kids from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Redcar Cricket Club – community hub needs funds to repair its facilities for those with disabilities.
- Village Primary School – Thornaby school wants outdoor gym equipment to promote healthy lifestyles to children and their parents.
- Whinney Banks Under-11s FC – rain coats and tracksuits for kids from socially deprived areas of Middlesbrough.
- Zi Shiying Tang Soo Do – Billingham-based martial arts and self-defence club needs mats so they can expand to offer services to more including those with special needs.
- So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Click here – it takes seconds to vote herehttps://www.teessidecharity.org.uk/
The £20,000 fund is being made available by the many big-hearted Teesside businesses and individuals who support the Philanthropic Foundation as our patrons.
Our thanks to representatives of our patrons The Build Directory, First Choice Labels, Archers Law Solicitors and InBond for taking on the tough task for choosing our final 15 for the Sporting Golden Giveaway.
Deadline for votes in July 2nd.