A series of awesome prizes – including a £500 cash prize – are on offer in a unique £20-a-ticket raffle in the Philanthropic Foundation’s big fundraising push to support the most needy Teesside children and families this Christmas.
Two £100 vouchers for iconic Teesside footwear specialist Charles Clinkard, £100 to spend at one of the local Tomahawk Steakhouse restaurants, another ton for fashion gurus Psyche and a Samsung Galaxy Tablet donated by Cornerstone Business Solutions are just some of the prizes in the raffle.
The raffle is being organised by the Philanthropic Foundation after the charity made the difficult decision to cancel this year’s Charity Ball, an event that last year raised £78,000 for worthy local causes.
So the charity is asking Teessiders to rally to the cause to help make up some of the shortfall by supporting the prize raffle – to ensure the most disadvantaged Teesside kids don’t go without this Christmas.
The funds raised will allow the charity to make an important donation just before Christmas to the Salvation Army’s Toy Appeal for Teesside’s poorest children, providing much-needed stock for local food banks, The Moses Project in Stockton for Christmas Day Hampers and the Homeless Hub in Middlesbrough for a week of traditional Christmas Dinner ahead of the big day.
The £20 ticket price equates to the cost of purchasing a toy for the Salvation Army Toy Appeal, while two tickets at £40 would purchase a week’s food for one of the local food banks to donate to a family in need this Christmas.
Lee Bramley, chair of trustees for the Philanthropic Foundation, said: “We have been so very thankful for the continued support from all of the Foundation’s donors at this challenging time – they’ve rallied to our calls to action, donating money, gifting goods and time, and raising awareness of our work. Now, we ask them to help us once more.
“Although the Annual Ball is not going ahead, we are asking our supporters to purchase a £20 raffle ticket.”
- £500 in cash
- £120 Voucher for Cut and Colour with Olaplex Treatment by a senior stylist at Gallaghers, Middlesbrough
- Overnight stay & breakfast at Malmaison in Newcastle
- Overnight stay & breakfast at Hotel Du Vin, Edinburgh
- Overnight stay & breakfast at Hilton hotel, Gateshead
- Overnight stay & breakfast at Malmaison in Manchester
- £100 voucher for Charles Clinkard
- £100 Voucher for Tomahawk Steak House
- £100 voucher for Cleveland Centre
- £100 photography voucher for Yarm Studios
- Luxury Marks and Spencer’s Hamper (donated by Archers Law)
- Swiss Emporio Watch & Bottle of Disaronno and Bottle of Prosecco (donated by Ramsdens)
- £50 voucher for Baker Street Kitchen, Middlesbrough
- Echo Show 8 (donated by AV Dawson)
- £100 M&S voucher (donated by Unity Group)
- £75 Meal voucher for The Devonport, Middleton One Row (donated by the Stark Family)
- £50 voucher for The Oven, Middlesbrough
- Sunday Lunch for 2 at Gisborough Hall plus wine hamper (donated by Gisborough Hall and Newhouse & Co)
- £50 Voucher for The Kings Head, Newton-under-Roseberry
- Cut & Blow Dry at Hooker and Young & Afternoon Tea for 2 at Wynyard Hall
- 50″ Ultra HD Samsung Smart TV (donated by Park Electrical)
- Samsung Galaxy tablet (donated by Cornerstone Business Solutions)
- Gin Hamper (donated by RSM Solutions)
- Oak Framed Joe Cornish Print of Cod Beck in the Winter (8″ x 10″) & a 2021 Calendar (donated by Joe Cornish Gallery
- MFC Home Shirt with Rose Prosecco and Bayliss & Harding Gift Set (donated by MFC)
- MFC Away Shirt with Disaronno and Ted baker set (donated by MFC)
- Meal Voucher for Ship Inn Low Worsall
Tickets are available to buy NOW – via our website ‘Donate’ button at the top of this page.
You can buy multiple tickets for more chances to win (£40 for 2 tickets etc). Unfortunately, as the donation is to purchase raffle tickets, you cannot Gift Aid your donation on this occasion.
We are grateful to our friends and patrons Barclays Middlesbrough for helping to source the prizes – and, better still, they have kindly agreed to match-fund donations.
The raffle will be drawn on 23rd October with winners announced on the Philanthropic Foundation’s website and social media feeds.